Monday, 1. November 2021
For many players, housing is an essential part of an MMO. A small area in the game that only belongs to you and you can determine how it should look. New World has taken this to heart and, in my opinion, solved it nicely.
To become the proud owner of a house you have to fulfill a few basic conditions.
- Your character must be at least level 15.
- You need reputation in this area depending on the size of the house
- Houses cost 2,500-20,000 gold coins + taxes depending on the settlement
In each settlement, there is a wide range of houses you can buy, from a small house with one room to a two-story building. Houses are instanced in New World, so multiple players can buy and use the same house, but can only enter and edit their own. You can invite up to 4 people into your house.
What houses are there (as of May 2021)
TIER 1 (MOST FAVORABLE)
- Cooldown time for house fast travel: 4 h
- Max. Number of storage furniture: 1
- Max. Number of pets: 5
- Max. Number of lights 4
- Area reputation required to purchase: Level 10
- Cooldown time for house fast travel: 3 h
- Max. Number of storage furniture: 2
- Max. Number of pets: 6
- Max. Number of lights: 6
- Area reputation required to purchase: Level 15
- Cooldown time for house fast travel: 2,5 h
- Max. Number of storage furniture: 3
- Max. Number of pets: 7
- Max. Number of lights: 8
- Area reputation required to purchase: Level 20
TIER 4 (MOST EXPENSIVE)
- Cooldown time for house fast travel: 2 h
- Max. Number of storage furniture: 4
- Max. Number of pets: 8
- Max. Number of lights: 10
- Area reputation required to purchase: Level 30
Houses you can buy
What are the character requirements?
Once your character is level 10, you will be able to buy your first house. The second house is possible from level 35 and the third from level 55.
The bigger the house, the higher your reputation in the area must be. So you can buy the smallest house with area reputation 10 and the biggest with area reputation 30.
In addition to the purchase price, which varies from 2,500 to 20,000 gold coins depending on the size of the settlement, there are also weekly taxes. These taxes are determined by the owner of the settlement.
If you run out of money, you will not be kicked out, but all features such as the trophy buff, building recall and decorations will be disabled.
What features offers its own house?
Quick Travel – Recall
You have to travel a lot in New World, which in the long run also costs your Azoth. With your own house you have another variant how you can quickly travel to your settlement.
Depending on the size of the house you have different cooldowns on this trip. Small houses 4 hours Large houses 2 hours.
Storage – Chests
In the decoration menu you can place various chests in your house which will increase your stock in the city. The number of chests you can place depends on the size of your house. In small houses is one chest, in large houses up to 4 chests. You can find this information above in the guide on the topic “What houses there are”.
These chests have a storage space of 200-500. At the beginning you have the possibility to build 2 different chests as a carpenter.
- Hewn log storage chest with 200 bearings (Carpentry level 35)
- Iron storage chest with 300 bearings (Carpentry Level 85)
For more chests there are plans that you have to find in Aeternum or that you can buy from other players at the trading post.
Some of these trophies can give you powerful buffs if you display them in your house. In the decoration menu you can see which trophy has which buff for you. These effects go from gathering resources to crafting professions to bonuses against enemies. You can only have one buff active at a time.
There are almost no limits to the design of your house. You can furnish hundreds of different items, from beds to chandeliers. You can also make this furniture yourself with the Carpentry profession at the Workshop. With a profession level of 0, you already have a very large selection. More information in the Furnishing Guide.
Pressing the B key will take you to the decoration menu where you have the following choices:
- Miscellaneous (carpets, curtains, chests)
- Lighting (candles, lanterns, chandeliers)
- wardrobes, boards
- Chairs, bar stools
- Decorations (baskets, dishes, vases, mirrors, pictures, etc.)
- Trophies which grant you buffs
Who has the most beautiful house?
For decorating your house you will be rewarded with points. The more valuable the stand of furnishings, the more points it earns for the rating. For example, a standard bed gives 12 points. The score you see at the entrance of each house under the T button is not only linked to the decoration score, but also to the reputation in that area.
So it can be that someone with only one chair in the house but a very high area call has a better rating than you with a fully furnished house.
What’s in it for you?
There is a top 20 list of each house that is shown to other players. The 1st place of each house is the default house that is shown to all other players who walk past it.